A vacuum cleaner is a device used to suck up dirt, dust, debris, and other small particles on the floor. It can be used to clean bare floors or carpets. A vacuum cleaner usually has a set of brushes that help dislodge clumps of dust from rugs and mats. Vacuum cleaners are available in different types for all your needs. One type is called a wet/dry vacuum cleaner because it’s capable of sucking up liquid spills as well as dry debris.
Why Should We Learn to Clean Shop Vac Air Filters?
If you do not clean your shop vac air filter regularly, grime and dust build upon it, and the debris from your vacuuming job will be trapped inside. You will have to open the vacuum cleaner frequently to clean the filter. This will waste a lot of time and energy cleaning a dirty filter that wasn’t cleaned properly at all.
1) It is an eyesore for a home, office, or any other place that you need to keep your space neat. If it is not cleaned, the dirt and dust particles will start to pile up, and it will become challenging to keep your space clean. You don’t want that kind of dirty appearance in your place, right?
2) If you have pets at home, it would be a good idea to buy a vacuum cleaner with a pet attachment. Sometimes you have accidents in your carpet or rugs and need to clean it up right away. The dirt and fur that come from your pet are hard to get up with your regular vacuum cleaner. With the pet attachment, you can use it on all your carpets and rugs without any problem.
This tip is for people living in a busy environment or an area with a lot of dirt or grime.
3) If you find yourself cleaning the house often or in a clean environment like an office, this tip isn’t for you. You have to clean your shop vac air filter at least once a month. Please do it once every two weeks because you never know when you will have to use it.
The dust will contain a lot of dirt particles, which you will want to avoid if possible.
4) The outside of the vacuuming machine is also dusty, so you should wipe it off after each use. It’s better to do this right after you use the machine. This way, you will have less dust in your house overall that could be hazardous to health if inhaled.
An easier and quicker way to clean your filter is with a wet and dry vacuum. You can find these vacuum cleaners at most stores. You can also use this method if you do not own a wet/dry vacuum cleaner.
5) You should wash your shop vac filter often, not once a week, because it will clog up quickly, and it is also challenging to clean by soaking in a solution.
6) Not cleaning your shop vac air filter can cause damage to the machine as well as the o-rings that hold the filters in place. This could result in leaks or excessive suction power or even break down completely and fail sooner than expected.
7) If you own a store or an office, it is vital for you to clean your vacuuming machines often. Those machines need to be cleaned and maintained to prevent significant problems and risks to safety and property.
8) When the vacuum cleaner comes in contact with water, it should be written off because the chances are that the motor or other parts could short out due to rust or corrosion.
How to Clean Shop Vac Air Filter
You can save yourself the time and energy of opening your vacuum cleaner every few days to clean it. If you do not clean the filter properly, it will be like cleaning it with a dirty brush. It will make you lose more time because you’ll have to open the vacuum cleaner again to get rid of all the dust trapped in it. You can avoid this problem by following these steps:
1) Cleaning the outside of your vacuuming machine will help prevent rust and corrosion. This way, you won’t have to do any major repairs.
2) Remove the shop vac filter by turning the machine upside down. There will be a few screws that hold it in place. Once you remove all these screws, take the filter out and clean it like this:
a) Blow compressed air through it (using an air compressor). If you don’t have one, blow hard through your mouth, so there is enough force to dislodge dirt particles from the filter.
b) You can buy shop vac filters at grocery or hardware stores. These filters are designed to clean the air inside the shop vac, so you don’t have to.
c) Stack it up on something, like a tray, plate, or plate rack, and blow it again until it becomes light and empty. If there is any trace of dirt or debris left behind, repeat the blow until you are empty of debris.
d) You can also use some glass cleaner or some glass cleaner with bleach on it to clean the outside of the filter.
3) After you have cleaned your filter, put it back into its original position.
The next step is to turn on your shop vac and start scrubbing the inside of the machine.
4) Once you have removed the filter, it is time to clean the inside of your shop vac. Go over all the holes in the outside of the machine and clean them thoroughly.
5) When you are through cleaning it, turn your shop vac off.
6) Open up all the holes in your vacuum cleaner’s lid to let out any air trapped inside. This will put it back to its original working condition when you are done cleaning it.
7) You can use a wet/dry vacuum cleaner to clean the filter. The only difference is that you will not need to take out the filter.
8) If you do not have an attachment for your wet/dry vacuum cleaner, insert the hose into the opening of your vacuum cleaner and start vacuuming it. It would be best if you lifted up the lid afterward to blow compressed air through it. Again, blowhard so there is enough force to take out all dirt particles through this method.
Cleaning your shop vac air filter is an important job because it could prolong the life of the vacuuming machine. Not doing so can lead to many problems and make your life difficult, not to mention the state of mind you’ll be in if you have students or employees who see a dirty shop vac. It looks terrible, and it’s messy, not an ideal place for a store, office, or any other kind of busy area.